Here’s the weird thing…I don’t even like Peanut Butter. Not one bit. It actually makes me feel quite ill. BUT for some reason, I know a million & one people absolutely obsessed with the thing. So here is my ode to the PB lovers 😉
Raw chocolate made from cacao (pronounced ka-cow…no, not the same as cocoa) however is another story….one of my longest obsessions!!! And this recipe is the perfect mix of bitter & sweet chocolate tastes, and can be adapted to make the most simple or most complex raw chocolate recipe. Instead of pouring into silicone moulds to make a ‘cup’, simply pour the chocolate mixture into a baking tray & mix in your favourites…..nuts, seeds, goji berries, dried cherries, coconut…..or for those feeling a bit more extravagant, try some natural jelly lollies!
Cacao VS Cocoa
Most people know that dark chocolate is a healthier choice than milk or white chocolate, however most commercially made dark chocolate is still highly processed. The benefits of cacao (usually in powdered form) however cannot be under-estimated….it really is a super food! Extremely high in anti-oxidants & magnesium (meaning at that time of month ladies, it’s perfect to reduce cramping) means that consuming cacao is practically doing your body a massive favour- so eat up! Read a bit more about this amazing bean over here.
Onto more important things…..
Raw Peanut Butter Cups
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 3 tbsp agave syrup
- 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
What to do:
- Whisk all ingredients expect peanut butter into a mixing bowl, until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into half, pouring into a separate bowl.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of chocolate into the bottom of 6 silicon muffin molds.
- Transfer to the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove.
- Spoon 1-2 tsp of peanut butter on top of the semi-frozen chocolate, and then layer with a tablespoon of chocolate again.
- Leave to set in the freezer overnight, or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Feel free to add whole peanuts or other ingredients to the mixture, or as topping. As always, play around & make it yours!